Look what we found in the fingerling potatoes!
This little one and it’s 2 other siblings almost gave Tyler a heart attack when the taters he was digging literally jumped out of the ground! These munchkins are probably 3 weeks old and almost ready to leave the nest, but they got evicted to a milk crate filled with straw and some of their mom’s fluff a few rows over. We’ll be cursing them as they eat our beans in a month or so, but for now, aaaawwwwwhhhhhh……
What’s In The Box?
- Potatoes – Red, White and Blue Mix – Mountain Rose (red), Yukon Gold (white), Purple Majesty (blue)
- Egyptian Walking Onions
- Summer Squash
- Amaranth Greens – cook as you would cook spinach
- Cucumbers – mixed varieties for pickling and slicing
- Basil – help yourself to a few springs – on the table near the cooler
- Parsley – make some Tabouli
- Beets or Carrots – this is the last time you’ll get these until Sept- Oct.
Tabouleh Recipe: a great way to use parsley, mint, shallots, onions, garlic & cucumbers from your box!
Coming Soon : Tomatoes!!!
Bunny buns are adorable….